Facebook Photo Contest
Every year, Wells Gray Tours runs a photo contest and give away prizes for the three photos with the most ‘likes’ on our Facebook page. It is so easy to be a part of this contest! Simply enter photos you have taken on a Wells Gray Tour or ‘like’ your favourite photos that were taken by a fellow traveller and help them win.
Our photo contest is managed through Facebook which makes it easy to view and ‘like’ photos posted by Wells Gray Tours. We know that many of you are using Facebook to keep up with your family’s activities and follow our tours, so we thought it made sense to use it for our photo contest. It is possible to submit your photos for entry to the contest without a Facebook account by simply emailing them to email@example.com, however, it is not possible for you to vote for your favourite photo without an account.
If you do not have a Facebook account, but have been thinking about it for a while, here are some reasons for having one:
- Your Facebook Account: This is a personal profile on Facebook where you can connect with your people by adding them to your list of ‘friends’. It gives you a chance to communicate on a personal level, share photos, videos, and exciting events in your life.
- Staying Connected: Facebook is an easy way to stay connected with family or get reconnected with past friends. It is easy for you to view comments, posts, pictures and activities of your friends, and even your grandchildren. You can also post your own activities, so they can keep up with you. You may even be able to catch them on Facebook at the same time and instantly share messages back and forth!
- Sharing: Have you read a good book, watched an interesting movie or visited an outstanding restaurant or attraction that you would like to share with friends? Facebook makes it easy!
- My high school reunion is this summer, and I am amazed at how many of my classmates have contacted me on Facebook to see if I am attending and hoping to catch up and reconnect. It is also a great way to start the conversation and keep it going after an event has happened.
- If you don’t have a Facebook account, here are some easy steps you can follow to sign up for one:
- Type facebook .com in your browser window at the top of your computer screen.
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- Once the form pops up, fill out the required information (your name, email address or phone number, password, birthday and gender).
- Once you have signed up, you’ll need to confirm your email address or phone number (I suggest using an email address). Facebook will then send you either an email or a text message to confirm your account.
- Once your account is set up, you may wish to visit the “About” section at the top of the page, decide what information is just for family and friends and what information you want shared with the public. It is easy and important to make sure to check off the box to limit sharing your posts with the public.
- Once you are set up, you can invite your family and friends to be ‘friends’ with you. You can even ‘poke’ people to let them know you are there
- Remember to make sure any posting you make is relevant, interesting and timely. Facebook is all about connecting and sharing and having fun.
Written by: Joan Niemeier