Treat yourself to a unique theatre adventure on our Ontario Theatre tour. Toronto has been firmly established as centre stage for experiencing Canadian theatre at its best. This tour features, Matilda the Musical a Broadway production, the Cirque du Soleil’s Luzia as well as plays at Stratford Shakespeare Festival and the Shaw Festival, six theatre performances in all. Theatre is sure to be one of the highlights of this tour, but here are some details on other inclusions that I think you will be excited to hear about:
- The Bata Shoe Museum: Shoes, shoes, shoes are made to love, they keep your feet clean and warm and can make or break any outfit! The Museum’s collection of over 13,000 shoes have left foot prints through history and across the globe. The Bata Shoe Museum opened its doors downtown Toronto in May of 1995. Sonja Bata loves shoes and has been involved in the shoe industry since her marriage to Thomas Bata of Bata shoes in Toronto in 1946. It is Mrs. Bata’s unique and personal collections of shoes that you find on display in the museum.
- The McMichael Canadian Art Collection: The gallery is renowned for exclusively Canadian art. First Nations, Inuit, and Canadian artists are featured as well as Canadian Sculptures. These amazing works of art will give you a glimpse into the history, cultural and beauty of Canada.
- St Jacob’s Market: The quaint Village of St Jacobs is home to Canada’s largest year round market. Located in the middle of beautiful farming landscapes largely occupied by Mennonites, the market displays everything from homemade sausages and cheese to local crafts. With over 600 vendors to choose from, there is bound to be something to tempt your pallet or a souvenir you will want to take home.
- Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake: Fall is a beautiful time of year to be in the Niagara Falls area with all the trees dressed in the abundant fall colours. The Shaw Festival’s musical production, Sweeney Todd is hosted in Niagara-on-the-Lake and no trip to this area would be complete without including some Falls activity.
- The Falls Movie: Legends & Daredevils is a specular film about the history of those brave enough to tempt fate and challenge the mighty falls.
- There is an opportunity to include a little magic on your tour by choosing the dinner show, Greg Frewin’s Wild option. Frewin is currently ranked as The International Grand Champion of Magic. The Vegas style show of illusions and magic is sure to leave you wondering.
A cruise on the Hornblower will get you right up close to the Falls for a better view of the powerful thundering falls. Lunch at the Table Rock restaurant will provide specular views of the falls from the edge and a farewell dinner in the revolving restaurant atop the Skylon Tower will provide a beautiful view of the city and an incredible ending to a fabulous tour.
Written by: Joan Niemeier